More than a CPA firm,
our goal is to help you reach your goals.
ACCOUNTING AND ADVISORY
In business for more than 45 years, Williams Overman Pierce, LLP is more than a CPA firm. Known as much for our personable and responsive service as our wide range of exceptional certified public accounting and finance services, we help a wide range of clients – from mid-size businesses to not for profit organizations to emerging enterprises – reach their goals every day.
Our services include diverse consulting and compliance services, including accounting, audit, and tax preparation and planning. In particular, our streamlined accounting and auditing process helps clients identify areas of risk, improve information systems reporting, discover business trends, and enhance the accuracy and credibility of financial statements.
Accounting, Audit & Assurance
At Williams Overman Pierce, LLP our assurance team has the capability to fill your company’s needs. The foundation of solid business management is impeccable financial reporting. The assurance services we provide at WOP will help you gain confidence in the quality of the information you are using to gain access to capital and promote the financial wellness of your organization. Our assurance services include:
- Audits of Financial Statements
- Compliance with OMB Circular A-133
- Retirement Plan Audits
Forensic, Valuation & Litigation
Our Forensic, Valuation and Litigation Services team has the knowledge and experience you need. Whether you require our forensic services, a business valuation or our litigation support services, our team is prepared to serve you. Each member of our team possesses one or more of the following professional accreditations:
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- ABV – Accredited In Business Valuation
- MAFF – Master Analyst in Financial Forensics
- CVA – Certified Valuation Analyst
- CFE – Certified Fraud Examiner
- CFF – Certified in Financial Forensics
- ASA – Accredited Senior Appraiser
- CGMA – Certified Global Management Accountant.
Litigation can involve complex valuation, financial and tax matters that require proven know-how and experience. Our team has a strong presence and solid reputation in the legal community. For more than 25 years, we have worked hand-in-hand with attorneys on matters where accounting, tax, valuation and legal matters intersect. Whether we are consulting in the beginning stages of a dispute, producing an expert report, participating in settlement negotiations or testifying at trial, our team has the knowledge and experience to serve you across a broad range of industries and subject matter.
Business Consulting & Strategic Planning
Our diverse consulting services are strategic extensions of our accounting and financial management prowess:
- Lease/Purchase evaluation
- Internal controls evaluation and review
- QuickBooks consulting (QuickBooks ProAdvisor on staff)
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Services
- Financial Statement and Budget preparation
- Personal Financial Statements
- Forecasts and Projections
- Business ownership and succession planning
- Merger and Acquisition consulting
- Employment Benefit Plan evaluation and selection
Effective tax planning can make the difference in having an outstanding or disappointing year. We provide our clients with tax strategies that result in real savings, improved cash flow and improved profitability. Our tax specialists take the time to learn your business, value your goals, analyze your individual tax needs, and apply the tax code and regulations appropriately.
- Tax planning, Consulting and Compliance for businesses, individuals, trusts and estates
- Exempt status applications
- Cost segregation analysis
- Bankruptcy tax filings
- Assistance with the formation and structure of a new or existing entity
- Communicate with federal, state and local agencies on your behalf to address notices and provide representation during audits
- Analysis of multi-state tax and nexus issues