Dan Lavelle, CPA
NC CPA Certificate #: 40095
Background and Primary Focus
Dan is a partner in the firm’s Raleigh office and joined the firm in 2015. He provides accounting, audit, and advisory services to closely-held businesses, nonprofit organizations, and startups. Dan works with a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, restaurants, and manufacturing.
Dan leads the firm’s Marketing Committee and is an active member of the firm’s Accounting and Auditing Committee. In addition, Dan leads the firm’s college recruiting to seek out and obtain top talent in the market.
Dan is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in New York and North Carolina. Prior to joining the firm, Dan spent six years at a Big Four accounting firm and four years working in corporate accounting and financial reporting. Dan earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in Public Accounting from Pace University and is a former member of the NCACPA Young CPA Cabinet.
In his free time, Dan enjoys spending time with his wife and kids, golfing, fantasy football, craft beer, and visiting Disney parks.
Professional and Civic Accomplishments:
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Board Member of the NC CPA Foundation
- Saint Raphael’s School Advisory Committee
- Financial Secretary of Knights of Columbus Council No. 9880