Michelle Huffman, CPA, CGFM
Background and Primary Focus
Michelle is a Senior Audit Manager in our Raleigh office and joined the firm in 2021. She primarily works on single audits, benefit plan audits, and audits of financial statements. She serves federal, state, and local agencies alongside nonprofit organizations.
Michelle is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in Virginia and the District of Columbia. Michelle is also a Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM). Prior to joining the firm, Michelle worked at a Big Four accounting firm performing financial statement audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), Government Auditing Standards (GAS/Yellow book), Governmental accounting Standards Board (GASB) internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) as well as Uniform Guidance (UG/formerly A-133/Single Audit).
Michelle graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and went on to get her Master of Finance and Accounting from the Keller School of Management.
In her free time, Michelle loves to travel and spend quality time with her family.
Professional and Civic Accomplishments:
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Member of the Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Board Member of the National Family Resiliency Center
- Girl Scout Trooper Leader